Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/2/10 Discussion

Happy Spring Break Guys! (:
So, it's my turn to write for the discussion, however, we don't have school. I decided to post an entry where we can talk about what we have read and about your roles.

Here are some interesting things I'd like to bring up.

Chapter 5: I can't believe what has happened to his foot when it's all covered in puss and even after Elie was told to rest and let the wound heal, he would endure the pain for his father!

Chapter 6: I still am disgusted by his foot. I wonder if Elie can walk now. And the violin boy, Juliek! I can't BELIEVE HE'S DEAD! ):

When I was reading Janet's post, I felt that she brought up a good point, about how 'night' was a symbol for all the bad happenings. Maybe the book is called 'Night' symbolizing a terrible part of Elie's life. What do you guys think?

Also, how do you think his writing is? Is it hard to understand? Is my vocabulary words helping you?

-Michelle ! (:

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that Elie would go to the other camp, despite his injury! That's insane. It's also really ironic how all the people who were left behind were killed two days after! The description of his foot made me nauseous..

    I think that the title of the book could be symbolizing the tragedy Elie has endured during the Holocaust. I haven't even thought of that until Janet's post!

    I don't think that the book is too difficult, but there are a few terms and words here and there that I'm unfamiliar with. Thanks for the vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked his writing style and how he describes the events. There were some vocabulary words that I didn't understand but your definitions helped me alot.
    And also I agree with you how night represents the bad things that are happening.

    ReplyDelete