Thursday, March 18, 2010



As stated in Opal's last post, the Jews were sent to Auschwitz. Since this seemed like an important setting in the story and I've learned a bit about it before, I decided to research further into it to educate us as we read along. Auschwitz is a city located in Oswiecim, just outside of Cracow, Poland. Auschwitz became sort of a known symbol of the Holocaust, since it had such a large concentration camp. It was guarded by it's high electrical barbed wire fences and soldiers who surrounded the camp, carrying rifles. I did not know this, but the reason why the Nazi's held this large camp in this particular area was because it was a central intersection of roads and railways. Just reading about the history of Auschwitz really upset me.. :/

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Angelina! This is very informative and helped me recognize the setting better! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle. I have a better understanding about Auschwitz now. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete