Friday, March 19, 2010

Our group conversation 3/19

Since we didn't make a conversation post last week, I decided it would be a good idea to make a post because it was so beneficial. We all felt a bit confused because chapter 2 was only about 5 pages, so we were confused as to what happened in which chapter.

Summarizer: When Opal was reading, she was a bit shocked with a specific line that she felt was really powerful. "In front of us, those flames. In the air, the smell of burning flesh." page 28, last sentence. She ended her summary that way because she felt it made an impact on her.

Lit Luminary: Janet said that she found personification when she was reading. "Never shall I forget those flames that consumed my faith forever." page 34. The flames had human characteristics, and the rest of the group agreed with her.

Researcher: I wrote my post about Auschwitz because that is where they were headed. Since I knew that Auschwitz was such a big concentration camp [I had a bit of prior knowledge on it], I researched it.

Word Watcher: Michelle found many words challenging within our reading. She looked up the words and enlightened us with words we were not to sure about. This helped us to expand our vocabulary.

Illustrator: Annalee is planning on drawing a guy with a tattoo from the concentration camp for chapter 3. She is going to discuss her views on how she believes that they lost their identity when they arrived because they were just another number, and another face in the crowd.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Angelina for this post! I really summarized what we did in class!

    ReplyDelete