Thursday, March 18, 2010

Summarizer Chapter #3

This is my next chapter summary... (I'm listening to music while doing this :P)


When they were noted that they weren't going to be seperated, they have to get seperated by sex when they get off the cars. As they enter the camp, a veteran tells them to lie about their ages so that they can be together. One man points to the crematory and is warned that will be their grave. As they are walking by, the Jews witness babies thrown into the fire. Then they start reciting Kaddish which is the Jewish prayer of death. Without noticing, Elie is hating God who made them into this situation. He also wanted to jump off into the pit, but he changed his mind. When they got to the camp, they were sent to the shower, barber, anda revieved new working clothes. Elie felt like the child that lived inside of him had died and no longer lived.

-Precious Opal

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Opal for posting this summary. This chapter scared me a bit about the babies thrown in fire. The words on the book is like frightening me, I can't imagine actually witnessing it. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!!! I really don't want to be the summarizer in the next few chapters... T___T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW! It's really sad how BABIES were being thrown around like potato sacks! It's terrible that they never were spared and got to live their lives.. It really upset me.. But then again, their lives would probably be MUCH WORSE if they lived.. :/

    ReplyDelete